Sunday, January 14, 2007

Technology inept


Well, you probably expect me to say that I am the one who is techonlogy inept, but after spending about 8 hours on the phone with Dell Computers this weekend, I feel smarter than some of their techies. Actually, it's my dad and my boyfriend, Aaron who are the computer savvy as it turns out. After spending many long house (my whole Friday night) on the phone with the techie guys from India, I was still unable to fix my computer which had been refusing to connect to the internet and to burn file CDs. I went out and bought an expensive external hard drive to back all of my stuff up in preparation to
lose everything while reloading systems. I talked to Aaron, who first thing suggested to reset systems to a previous day. I did, to Dec. 24, but it failed to work. We tried some other things but without luck. Later in the afternoon, my dad and I tried to do what Dell told me to do, but it was too difficult and it simply wasn't working. We ended up setting the computer back to Oct. 31-and low and behold-my computer was able to access the internet once again and burn file CDs!!! I was so psyched! And since I am addicted to the internet. It brings me so much comfort to know that it is on and ready to go, I am so happy to have it hooked up in my room. Communicating with the world just got a lot easier again.

Not much else new. I am still trying to find my way back here in the States. I miss Korea and all of my friends there and my way of life. Things are fine here, but I am kind of bored and lonely. The weather is much nicer here and it is nice being able to talk to everyone. And for dinner tonight we had mashed potatoes and roast beef!! So yummy. Can't get food like that in Korea.
Quote:
"The secret to a rich life is to have more beginnings than endings."
--Dave Weinbaum

No comments: