Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sex and the City


I wasn't feeling well on Sunday, so I decided that after covering a story on the local organization of Sea Cadets, that I would have a Sex and the City marathon. I cuddled with a fleece blanket and mug of hot chocolate on the sofa. I put "Sex" on the giant tv at 3 pm. I stupidly thought that I would be able to make it through half or more of the series by 1am. what a fool! 6 hours later (dinner in there and a couple of phone calls) I finished the first season and the first season is one of the shortest with only 2 disks! So much for my marathon. I guess that I would have to use two full days just for watching Sex. That would be fun though. Get some friends together, eat junk food and groan over all the women's mistakes in love. I thought that it would be intersting to keep track of all the women get involved with. There has to be "intimacy" or a the boyfriend moniker. I started keeping score with Season 2.

My favorite character is Carrie still. I like her because she is a writer and her relationships most closely represent mine and as does her relationship personality. I know that Paul still prefers Berger, but I love Aiden. She should have married him, but I know that she and Mr. Big were meant for each other. I understand what she sees in Mr. Big and I would probably be attracted to him as well, but I wouldn't have been such a big fool and thrown away Aiden.

Also I like Carrie's clothes the best. She wears some pretty cool and funky outfits, but there are some things that I would never dream of wearing because they are too revealing or are actually ugly. Probably the most consistently wearable is Charlotte, but her clothes tend to be too preppy and classic.

After watching all six seasons of Sex in order and out-of-order, I feel like Miranda, Charlotte, Samantha and Carrie are all my friends. I guess that means it really a well-made show. I love how strong their friendships are, how they can always discuss their problems and that no matter what, they are there for each other. Here's to friendship!


Quote:

"Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads."

--Erica Jong

No comments: