Friday, January 5, 2007

Sunset, Starbucks and Same Same

It's been nearly a week since I arrived back in the USA. It's hard to believe that it's been that long already. In some ways, Korea almost feels like a dream. I have gone to some stores and restaurants and the same people are working there. There are some new stores, but for the most part, Oconomowoc looks the same. I feel different though. It's kind of a surreal experience. I feel kind of trapped between two places.

There are defintely some plusses to being home. I had an excellent pizza for lunch and Starbucks is about two dollars cheaper here than in Korea. Also, I was able to enjoy the most beautiful sunset tonight. Red, pink and magenta. Absolutely brilliant. I was able to appreciate only one sunset in Bucheon because the buildings blocked the sky.

It's still rough transitioning, but I hope that I feel calmer soon.


Quote:
The only person stopping you from doing something is yourself, and looking for excuses all the time just gets in the way of obtaining your own goals. It's like the writer who keeps getting up and straightening the pictures in the room. ...Chrissie Hynde

No comments: