Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Confidence

Quote:

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss


This is definitely easier said that done. As people we are constantly aware of what others are thinking about us. I like to think that I am aware that other people may be judging me, but that it doesn't bother me nor does it make me act differently, but I know that it does. I want people to like me and I want them to respect me. I think, though, as I've gotten older I have gotten more comfortable with myself. Korea definitely helped me with that. I think that it was while I was in Korea that I felt the most liked and as a result, that has given me more confidence. I have never been low on confidence. And when I am frightened or challenged, I usually puff up and act more confidently than I am actually feeling. I am an unusual person, I guess.

I guess that I don't really feel insightful today, so I am going to keep it short and end with another quote.

Quote:
It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
--Agnes Repplier

1 comment:

Bryon Houlgrave said...

The first quote is one of my all-time favorites. :-)