Tuesday, April 3, 2007

A Narrated Life

I recently watched a movie called "Stranger Than Fiction." It stars Will Farrell, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Emma Thompson and Dustin Hoffman. Ferrell's character, a boring IRS agent named Harold, one day hears a voice narrating his life. It turns out that he is a character in a book and that the author intends to kill his character. Harold tries to find out how to save his life with the help of a professor played by Dustin Hoffman. In an attempt to find out who wrote his book, Harold has to determine if his life is a comedy or a tragedy.


That got me to thinking...is my life a comedy or a tragedy. At the time when I wrote this, I would have to say a tragedy. What kind of life are you living?


Quote:
The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving.
--Oliver Wendell Holmes

No comments: