Thursday, December 28, 2006

waiting....

So here I am waiting to go to the hospital. Again. I don't want to go, but I don't think that the doctors gave me enough antibiotics to clear this thing up. My mom has been doing some research and learned that my type of pneumonia can be very serious-fatal in some situations. I may need more medication, so I wanted to take care of that before I leave in less than 20 hours. I am just waiting for my boss to call me and to take me to the hospital.

I missed work again today because of the illness. I overdid it yesterday and as a result feel badly today. I had insomina all night so I only slept a rough three hours. I tried to sleep more this morning, bu tmy-coworker called to tell me that my students had a cake for me and to see if I could come there or if they could come to my place. I really didn't need to hear that. I had been feeling so bad about missing work that this just made me feel sadder. My last day in Korea and I am really sick! Wish that things were different.

I feel tired now, but I can't sleep because of waiting for my boss. At least I will have help from my friends in cleaning my apartment this afternoon and with running some errands. My apartment is feeling so depressing now that most things are off the walls and everything is in boxes. I need to do the dishes and take out the trash, but that's about it. I am pretty ready to go. I was really sad to leave Korea, but right now, I can't wait to be home. I want this farewell stage to end and to be safe and comfortable at home.

No comments: