Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas!


I want to wish everyone a very blessed Christmas. May you be surrounded by loving family and friends and may their love warm your heart. I hope that this Christmas has a bit of magic in it for you and that you feel like a child. May it also provide meaning for your life and may you feel joyful.



Things have been very busy recently. I have been busy going to government offices, shopping and making trips into Seoul during the week. Also, I had to say goodbye to Aaron today as he left for Seattle. It was a tearful goodbye, despite knowing that we will probably see eachother in a month (hopefully). I knew that I would be sad, but this process of saying goodbye has been extremely difficult. This has been the saddest Christmas Eve of my life, but yet, the happiest. I have had an awesome time in Korea and I have learned how many wonderful people there are in my life. This experience has brought me closer to some people such as my grandma and my aunt Ellen. I have fallen in love with Aaron and we have become extremely close. I have made some wonderful new friends.


I will be setting out on a new adventure in a few days. I will get to make new friends, have new challenges and see all the familiar faces and places that I love.


It doesn't feel much like Christmas here in Korea on Christmas Eve; Seoul has been especially crowded with shoppers, but nearly every business is open and many will be open on Christmas day, as well. Tonight, Paul, Kristina, Lisa and I got dinner at an Indian restaurant in the neighborhood. Shortly, we will watch "Ziggy's Gift" and play games. Tomorrow, Paul and I will play games and watch Christmas movies while Kristina and Lisa go into Seoul. Paul and I are really into Christmas, while Lisa and Kristina are kind of indifferent. We will all go to a Western-style restaurant/bar for a dinner buffet.


My apartment is feeling cozy with its lights and little tree. The place that has felt most Christmasy to me has been Starbucks with its hot drinks, Christmas music and warm atmosphere. I have been drinking many coffees there recently.


Unfortunately, my heart is feeling quite heavy at the moment. I wish that Aaron was here with me, but I am happy that he will be with his family for the first time in five years for Christmas.


I hope that you all have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!



Quote:

"Love until it hurts."

--Mother Theresa


"Love that ends is the shadow of love; true love is without beginning or end."

--Hazrat Inayat Khan


"In the shadow of his hand hath he hid me."

--Isaiah 49:2

No comments: