Monday, March 19, 2007

At the crossroads again

Here I am again at a crossroads in my life's path. As soon as I figure things out lately, the rug is pulled out from under me and I am left scrambling for a plan, a job, money and confidence in my decisions. I feel okay today. That may be due to the spring-like atmosphere outside of my window or simply to more positive thinking. I guess going to church yesterday morning reminded me that I am not completely in control of my life. That I have just got to trust that things will work out for the best. Since I went to Korea, I also have the knowledge that I can handle just about anything. I also have a great support group that helps me when I feel helpless. I am keeping busy with newspaper stories, a book and a potential job. The only thing with the potential job is I am not sure if I want it. It would mean moving to Milwaukee and sort of starting over, when all I want to do this summer is completely start over. I really didn't expect things to be so complicated when I returned home from Korea. I miss my days in Korea when I had fewer responsibilities and I was more carefree. Even though I am not going to work right now, I feel weighed down by life's worries. Today is an exception. I feel more carefree and open to possiblities. I have just got to trust in myself and in the greater power that things will work out for the best.

Quote:
"The soul should always stand ajar, ready to welcome the ecstatic experience."
--Emily Dickinson

No comments: