Thursday, June 26, 2008

Waukesha flower garden

There is a beautiful flower garden in Waukesha' Frame Park that I enjoy going to at different times of the year to see what is in bloom. Earlier in the spring, I took photos of the brilliantly beautiful crab apple trees in bloom. This past weekend, I photogrpahed the varities of roses blooming.

A garden adds so much to a community, I feel. The garden in Frame Park is very well-maintained. It was created in an Italian sunken garden style with urns, lattice work and benches. It is also quite geometrical.

Whenber I go on vacations to a new city, I visit its flower garden. Over the past year, I have gone to the botanical gardens in Seattle and St. Louis. Next weekend, I will visit friends in Charlottesvill, VA and Chapel Hill, NC. My goal is to make a trip to their gardens and take many lovely photos.

The roses in Waukesha's Frame Park:






QUOTE:

"Bloom where you are planted."

"How beautiful, how buoyant, and glad is the morning."
--L.E. Landon

No comments: