Sunday, April 20, 2008

A new place to call home




I am amazed at how quickly my new apartment felt like home. I really lucked out with finding a place that allows me to diplay my things and that complements my personality well. Everything from all the windows and the door leading to the roof, to the large bedroom with its open closet space that displays my clothes so well to the cute built-in and the large black radiator all suit me so well.

Moving day went smoothly. My dad and I loaded the truck in Oconomowoc and got to Waukesha about 10:15 a.m. I had three friends help to haul the furniture and boxes up the steep stairs to my apartment, which is located above an antique store in a building from 1929. It's a very cute building located pretty much right on the Carroll College campus, which is where I went to school.

It only took us about 30 minutes to get everything unloaded. I thought I had more stuff! I wish that I would have brought my big sofa instead of the loveseat. I do like the extra space to move around in.

Within three days, I had my boxes unpacked and had started to hang pictures. My friend, Kaitlin, and I hung all my clothes and organized small details.
I hope to do some hosting next month. I have had a few friends and family members over, but it would be fun to do something a little bigger. I certainly have enough space for people to hang out here.
I have found myself anxious to leave work at the end of the day and to return to my apartment. It has been a good adjustment so far.

No comments: